The holiday season always invites the warm aroma of cinnamon, fir, pumpkin spices and hot chocolate. Even the sweet smell of apples baking in the oven or marshmallow roasting is part of the memories we have of get together and winter. One scent, however, we should always have on hand is one of stress release and calm: Lavender.
Lavender (lavandula angustifolia) is a must have staple when it comes to household homeopathic and natural medicinal aids. It is mostly known for its soothing and relaxing effects on the body, but there are so many more uses for this amazing essential oil. It is a wonderful physical and emotional body, spirit and mind balancer.
Here are 20 ways to use Lavender on a daily basis!
1. Promotes Peace, Calm, and Patience for De-stressing (Diffuse)
2. Enhances Quality of Sleep and Deep Relaxation (Diffuse)
3. Bee sting / Insect bite
4. Minor Burn for Pain and Swelling Relief
5. Cuts-Helps with blood coagulation, cleans wound and kills pathogens (directly on wound)
6. Eczema / Skin Dermatitis
7. Nausea or motion sickness (On end of tongue, behind ears or around navel)
8. Stops Nosebleed (1 drop on tissue and wrap on piece of ice and put in middle of top lip to the base of nose)
9. Sunburn or Chapped Skin/Lips
10. Allergies, and Other Seasonal Discomforts, Especially Hay Fever
12. Dandruff (With Olive Oil, Jojoba or Coconut Oil. Massage into Wet Scalp Prior and In-between Shampooing)
13. Cold sores (directly drop onto cold sore)
14. Enhances Cooking and Food Flavor-try it in water, teas, dessert recipes, salad dressings and granola.
15. Minimize Appearance of Scar Tissue
16. Deodorize and Freshen Laundry, Sleeping and Living Spaces
17. Alleviate Aching Muscles-Soak in Epson Salt Bath with Lavender Oil
18. Anti-Viral and Anti-Bacterial Properties to Rid Bacteria and Bed Bugs
19. Earache-Dilute in Hot Water and Olive Oil/Coconut Oils. Rub Around Ears to Soothe Them
20. Reduces Colic in Babies
Sources: MindBodyGreen.com, Netherfield.co.nz, organicfacts.net
Photo Credit: www.discover0.com