Year after year, we make promises to ourselves… We’re going to eat better, exercise more, save money. By February, most of us have already broken those promises, and we cycle back into the same patterns. If you plan on setting Resolutions this year, here are some tips that can help make them stick:
- Pick just one resolution. Rather than make a laundry list of all the things you want to improve or change, just pick one that is reasonable and attainable.
- Start small. If you want to exercise more, for example, start with 2 days a week instead of seven.
- Share it! Tell your friends and family about your intentions. Maybe they’d even like to join you!
- Set goals and reminders, and write them down. Research studies show over and over again that written goals fruition at a higher percentage than ones that are just meditated on. Consider using a pretty piece of jewelry such as a gemstone bracelet as a reminder of your intentions.
- Forgive yourself. No one is perfect. If you encounter missteps along the way, resolve to recover and try again. (And remember to just breathe. The answers will unveil themselves soon enough).