Described as the “oil of energetic cleansing”, Lemongrass Essential Oil is idea for clearing old or negative energy away from a home or work space. Its aim is to absolve negativity and leave environments light, positive and happy. Lemongrass smells just like lemons, but is milder, sweeter, and far less sour. This grass is used in countless beverages (including tea), desserts and other forms of culinary creations as a flavoring agent, where fresh lemon is not available or is not to be used because of its more potent flavor. It is widely used in Chinese and Thai recipes. Simply put, there are so many uses for Lemongrass Essential Oil (one of my ultimate favorites and a staple in my home). Below are just a few:
- Helps to align the solar plexus chakra and energy flow channel (responsible for self-expression, confidence and self-esteem)
- To help soothe sore joints or muscle strains, combine equal parts fractionated coconut oil and Lemongrass oil and rub topically on area of concern.
- Heightens awareness and purifies mental thinking and mind
- Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
- Coagulant and anti-astringent. Good for blood vessels and wounds–clots blood well.
- Helps control flatulence.
- Rub or spritz on skin before going outside. Lemongrass essential oil naturally repels insects.
- Anti-depressant: To relieve despair, place 1 drop in the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and inhale softly for up to 30 seconds or longer as desired.
- Boosts mood and energy into positivity
- Diffuse during study times. Place 1 drop in the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and inhale softly for up to 30 seconds or longer as desired.
Lemongrass essential oil blends well with Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Geranium, Lavender, and Rosemary essential oils. Depending on your uses for this oil, substitutes may include: Melaleuca, White Fir, Cypress, or Rosemary essential oils. Blend with witch hazel to prepare a homemade deodorant. Possibilities are endless with this amazing oil!
Sources: sustainablebabysteps.com, experience-essential-oils.com, organicfacts.net