It is normal for natural gemstones stones to fade or change color over time due to body oils and other environmental factors. Though we strive to use the most durable metals, they can also tarnish and fade over time.
To help them retain their color and lustre, please consider the following:
- Be careful of chemicals, such as cologne, perfume, creams and cleaning products as they can change, stain or fade your jewelry.
- Wearing gemstones in water is not recommended.
- Certain stones will fade if left out in the sunlight too long (especially when cleansing and clearing).
- You can use a soft cloth to polish and clean the metals and gemstones. Be careful with commercial products which can harm or scratch your stones.
- For pieces with wood you can apply a small amount of coconut oil or sandalwood oil to keep the beads from drying out due to moisture (sweat, humidity, etc.).