- Be careful of chemicals, such as cologne, perfume, creams and cleaning products as they can change, stain or fade your jewelry.
- Wearing gemstones in water is not recommended.
- Certain stones will fade if left out in the sunlight too long (especially when cleansing and clearing). Amethyst is an example of one of these stones. It is recommended to keep out of direct sunlight for a long period of time if you want them to retain their vibrant color.
- You can use a soft cloth to polish and clean the metals and gemstones. Be careful with commercial products which can harm or scratch your stones.
- For pieces with wood you can apply a small amount of coconut oil or sandalwood oil to keep the beads from drying out due to moisture (sweat, humidity, etc.).
- An hour in direct sunlight is more than enough to clean most stones.
- We also recommend putting them out under the moon either in the window or directly outside. A full moon is especially cleansing and powerful in clearing the stones.
- Smudging is a cultural practice in many traditions that is believed to cleanse the area of negative energies. It is the process of burning a dried plant and fanning the smoke over an object or area while holding an intention in your mind. The most common herbs used are sage, palo Santo, sweetgrass, lavender, copal and frankincense.
How To Wear Your Jewelry For The Most Benefit
The left side of your body, which is seen as the feminine side, deals with your internal self. It is also your most sensitive side. It receives energy from outside your body and helps you make positive “shifts” that best benefit you internally. When you wear certain gemstones on your left wrist you can consciously control and modify stresses from your outside environment. Your left side is all about the change you want to make inside. To send healing energies through the body wear the bracelets on the left wrist.
In contrast, your right side, which is also seen as the masculine side of your body, is your “doer” or “action” side. When you wear gems on your right wrist, the gemstones aid in your productivity and control the energy you put into your outside environment. Your right side is more about how you take action in the world outside. To release toxins from the body and align your Chakras wear the bracelets on the right wrist.
To get the best energetic benefit from your gemstone jewelry you simply need to find the correct balance between your left and right sides (similar to the ancient Chinese concept of yin and yang energy – light vs. dark, slow vs. fast, soft vs. hard, internal vs. external, etc.). You can do this by wearing gemstone bracelets on your left and right wrists in specific combinations to help you better achieve what you desire.
Gem necklaces and bracelets provide stone medicine by transmitting specific electromagnetic impulses from the minerals to the parts of the body, emotions, thoughts and dreams that need healing attention. Wear them at crisis moments, during the night while sleeping or at specific periods of the day when symptoms are at their worst to feel relief. Some necklaces are best worn as chokers around the throat while others work better in long strands. Some minerals will work immediately, others will require longer wearing periods to become fully effective.
To clear your necklaces or bracelets of congestion and debris place them on a bed of salt and they will renew themselves. Do not wash them under water if string was used to make them as they will eventually break. Remember to program your necklaces and bracelets with your intentions and they will gladly work with you on healing and regeneration.
Source: ILONA ANNE HRESS, LCSW, Rev.- Founder of Growing Consciousness
The medical information on this site is provided as an informational resource only and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional diagnosis and treatment by a licensed medical professional.
Please consult your healthcare provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition. LavHa expressly disclaims responsibility and shall have no liability, for any damages, loss, injury, or liability whatsoever suffered as a result of your reliance on the information contained in this site.
By visiting this site you agree to the foregoing terms and conditions, which may from time to time be changed or supplemented by LavHa.